- 4 cups water salted
- 1 1/4 cup yellow organic cornmeal, medium or coarsely ground
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup half and half, room temperature
- 4 tbsps butter, unsalted, room temperature
- salt and pepper, to taste
Boil salted water in a large saucepan. Slowly whisk cornmeal into water until it is thoroughly incorporated. Reduce heat to low and stir frequently until the cornmeal starts to thicken and bubble, approximately 20 - 25 minutes.
Remove pan from heat and stir in cheese, half & half, and butter. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.